Monday, December 15, 2008

CHANGES ESSAY


Role Model Express

By becoming more active with my younger siblings, I can become a better role model to them. Especially, in today’s society the youth need people who are making a positive impact to look up to. For example, from personal experience, I would not be here today, if I did not have any one to look up to that showed me that life is worth living. It will take progress to be a better role model, but hard work takes practice.

I am out of High School, working, and have more responsibilities, I spend less time at home with my family, and it seems to be a problem. Many times when I walk in the house after a long day, my youngest sister hardly lets me walk into the house without giving me a hug or a kiss. My younger brother and sisters even act like they are my parents, saying things like “Where have you been?” or
“Who you going with?”, making sure that I am always safe. Each of my actions are important, because mainly my sisters watch what I do and try to copy and paste my ways to their lives. If, I choose to go out and do all the wrong things, they will automatically think that it is okay, because they seen their older sister doing it.

For me to be able to fulfill out this personal change, we would all have to come to an understanding, meaning I have to be able to talk to them and hear their problems. If, my sisters and brother, feel comfortable talking to me it would release any fear they might have of asking me questions; whether the question being right or wrong. The reason why I would talk to them is to create a personal bond, because even if I am not a role model, I am still a sister. In order for them to go down a good path, they have to be able to see a good path to follow and then be able to create their own path.

Change, takes steps and it usually consists of a tall ladder with a mirror at the top. My mirror came early, when I seen the difference in the way I acted to my younger sisters and brother and I knew it had to change. I know that they love me and I need to take more annotative, to show them that they are loved back. You have to be your own role model, “The more you know, the more you owe” - Omega Boys Club’s Coachism, because we may not know it, but we are all somebody’s role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment